Jennifer A. Acevedo, P.E.
Ms. Acevedo joined Hydro Geo Chem, Inc., in 2007 and has over 10 years of experience in engineering design utilizing AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D. She is involved with the coordination and preparation of engineering design and plan sets including well installation design, bioremediation system design, and associated construction oversight for these projects. She has also been responsible for field (soil) sampling utilizing passive soil gas samplers and the collection of field data.
-M.S. (Environmental Engineering) NY Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, New York, 2002
-B.S. (Biological Sciences) Fordham University, Bronx, New York, 1995
Professional Engineer (Environmental), Arizona Registration Number 60283, 2015
OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training with Annual Refresher, 2009
Civil 3D 2009 Essentials Training, 2008
• Preparation and design landfill expansion including existing site condition, subgrade and final cover topography, surface water management details and other details related to the landfill system such as leachate collection sump, slope bench and drains, riprap protection, perimeter runoff collection channel and final cover alternatives. Obtain projected landfill volumes and area estimates using AutoCAD volume tool. After plan set submission, incorporation of comments and design modifications as requested by the client.
• Preparation of plan set related to the landfill expansion including existing site condition, phasing plan, subgrade and final cover topography, surface water management details, leachate collection system details, and other details related to the landfill base liner, final cover, slope drain and outlet. Utilize volume tool of AutoCAD to obtain projected landfill volumes and area estimates. In addition, produced sampling location maps for the active cells of the landfill as a result of soil gas sampling conducted at the site.
• Production of a preliminary plan set related to the construction of a new landfill including existing site condition, site layout/phasing plan, drainage system design and sub-catchment delineation for active landfill cells, final cover system and typical profile, and other details related to the landfill system such as the landfill perimeter and base liner.
• Preparation of an Early Response Action design plan set related to the Air Sparge/Soil Vapor Extraction system installed at a site in Arizona. The construction plan set included process and instrumentation diagrams for an Air Sparge/Soil Vapor Extraction system and groundwater extraction/treatment system, piping/trenching plans and sections, equipment layout and wellhead details. Performed construction oversight during installation of the systems, recording of pertinent data and maintained photographic log of construction. Subsequent plan production for reclaimed water discharge to a western canal.
• Prepared design plan set related to an Air Sparge/Injection and Soil Vapor Extraction system install at a site encompassing the an International Airport. The design included vault and piping plans, sections and details, remediation compound and equipment plans, PID’s and PFD’s for the systems and concrete pad details. Performance of construction oversight during installation of the systems, recording of pertinent data and maintain photographic log of construction.
• Preparation of a design plan set related to an Air Sparge/Soil Vapor Extraction and Process Gas Injection system for an International Airport. The set included process well design, vault and piping plans, sections and details, compound and equipment plans, PID’s and PFD’s for the system and concrete pad details.
• Performance of field soil sampling utilizing passive soil gas samplers, recording of pertinent data, maintain photographic log, field deployment log and chain of custody for the samples. The field sampling was a component of a preliminary investigation to determine the lateral extent of a contamination plume and the constituents of the plume. Subsequent preparation of groundwater elevation and sample location maps related to the investigation.
HYDRO GEO CHEM, INC.
West Wetmore Road, Suite 101, Tucson, Arizona 85705-1678
Toll Free (800) 727-5547,
Tel. (520) 293-1500, Fax (520) 293-1550, Email
3038 East Cactus Road, Suite 3, Phoenix, Arizona 85032-7113
(480) 421-1501, Fax (480) 425-8794
Geo Chem, Inc. assumes no responsibility for the consequences of reliance
by others on the
information provided on this web site
© 2018 - by Hydro Geo Chem, Inc., all rights reserved